Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday, September 21, 2010


This is the sign you see just as you start crossing the Roebling Bridge...the one I walk to work on every day. It seems quite big and clear that bicyclists must walk their bikes on the bridge....doesn't happen. I usually have a lot of respect for bike riders, but the ones that ride on the bridge must not be able to read. Everyday one (not always the same one) tries to run me over. No bells warn me they are coming so I don't know they're behind me until they yell....in Italy there was a few women who rode in our neighborhood everyday and they had bells on their bikes...the bells were really loose, so with the rough cobblestones, it made the little bell tinkle as they went....very helpful when they were behind us. I wish the bridge bikers would get little bells...wonder if they would mount a bell on their bike if I bought them one?

No comments:

Post a Comment