Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010


The tea making! On a really cold day, when I get home from work..what I want first is a cup of tea. This is how you make a nice cup of tea (that's what my Grandmother called it). Electric tea pot to take cold water to a full boil. A cup with warm milk (not cream) and a little sugar (from a green packet), and a tea pot that has been warmed on the inside with two British cut tea bags "one for me and one for the pot". When the water is at a rolling boil, pour it into the teapot, stir once and let it sit. I like mine strong, so I let it "steep" for about 2 minutes. Pour into the cup with the warm milk and sugar....drink! Since my Father's side of the family is from England, I've been drinking tea since I was about 12. Just plain tea...not fancy flavors or chai or green, just British tea. So tomorrow at about 5:00pm EST, you can think of me busy making a cup of tea while Lucy and Ricky are having their dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment